A different kind of accommodation
Boardinghouse Eching offers homes away from home for business and leisure travelers across the globe. Our apartments come fully furnished, and include additional amenities and services to give you the perfect home-like experience.
Bed linen, towels and room cleaning - all included! Plus a parking space in the underground garage, access to our fitness and common room and of course fast Wi-Fi.
Enjoy the independence and privacy you need to live and work. Without stress and great effort. Move in. Unpack. Relax!
Furnished Apartments up to 32 m²
- 180 apartments of different size, furnishing and price range
- Single and double occupancy apartments available
- 18 to 32 m² living space
- 24 / 7 – Check-In / Out
- Cleaning service once a fortnight. Includes changing of towels and bed linen
- Fitness and common room with TV
- High-speed Internet, ideal for efficient home office / mobile working, streaming, video conferencing, etc.
- Underground parking space included
- Charging sockets for electric vehicles
- Storage compartments available
Flexible - Fair - Transparent
- Minimum contract term: 1 month
- Flexible contract option: Not sure for how long you will need to stay with us? Then consider our open-ended contracts! These will automatically extend by one month at a time and can be terminated with a 4-week notice period to the middle or end of each month. Of course, you can also opt for a fixed-term contract
- Transparent pricing: no hidden costs for final cleaning etc.
- Residence registration possible
- All apartments are non-smoking
- Keeping pets is not allowed
Boardinghouse Eching is ...
- the affordable alternative to a hotel for medium and long term stays
- the ideal accommodation for business travelers, commuters, expats, research fellows and anyone looking for a temporary place to stay due to the tight housing market in the region
- one of the largest providers of Serviced Apartments in the north of Munich
- a family owned business
- participant in the Bavarian Environment and Climate Pact
Temporary living in a central location
Due to Eching's location near Autobahn 9 and 92, you can reach Freising, the airport or Munich in just a few minutes by car.
The nearest bus stop is a 5-minute walk away. From here you can reach Garching-Hochbrück in a few minutes, where you can change to subway U6 towards Campus Garching or Munich. Eching also has its own suburban train station (S-Bahn). Line 1 connects Eching directly with Munich Central Station, Freising or the airport (MUC). It takes about 5 minutes to reach the station by bicycle.
- Airport | Freising | Munich
Reachable by car (15 minutes) and suburban train (30 minutes).
- Unterföhring | Ismaning
15 minutes by car.
- Neuherberg (Helmholtzzentrum)
Reachable by car within 10 minutes.
- Neufahrn | Unterschleißheim
Easily reachable by car, public transport and bicycle within a few minutes.
- Garching | TUM
Reachable by car (10 minutes), bicycle (20 minutes) and public transport (30 minutes).
- Daily needs
All stores for daily needs within walking distance.
Neither hotel nor rental apartment
Business travelers know the problem: neither a hotel room nor a traditional rental apartment is the ideal solution for medium to long-term stays. The effort involved in finding and furnishing an apartment is too great, while the typical rental contract is also too inflexible. A prolonged stay in a hotel, on the other hand, is expensive and offers no opportunity to cook your own meals. Surrounded by staff and vacuum cleaners in the corridor every day, it's hard to relax. Privacy? Very little! Homeoffice? Difficult!
The various concepts that are subsumed under the german term "Wohnen auf Zeit" ("Temporary Living" or "Temporary Housing") attempt to combine the best of both worlds. They all have in common that furnished living space is offered for a limited period of time.
Boosted by increased global mobility, the popularity of Wohnen auf Zeit has risen sharply in recent years. Boardinghouses in particular have now established themselves as one of the most popular types of accommodation, not just for business travelers.
What is a Boardinghouse?
In short: a Boardinghouse offers temporary accommodation in Serviced Apartments. The term usually refers to small, fully furnished apartments including a kitchen and bathroom. Besides providing a place to sleep, additional services such as cleaning and change of bed linen are offered. Compared to a hotel, the service level in a Boardinghouse is reduced. The focus is on cost savings, privacy and the option to provide for oneself. This is why the term "Zuhause auf Zeit" ("Temporary Home") is often used in German-speaking countries. The guest becomes a resident. In contrast to longer-term living concepts ("Corporate Housing", "Microliving", etc.), the stay in a Serviced Apartment is limited to 6 months.